Privacy & Cookie Statement
Privacy and cookie statement
December 17, 2019
Your privacy and the protection of your personal data is of great importance to Zerus & Ona, a trade name of Binary World Productions. During the processing of your personal data, both offline and via our website (https://zerusandona.com), we comply with the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation, such as the General Data Protection Regulation. This means we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this privacy and cookie statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for your consent to process your personal data in cases where your prior consent is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your rights, for example the right to access, correct or delete your personal data.
Binary World Productions is the party responsible for all data processing. In this privacy and cookie statement, we will explain what kind of personal data we collect and for which purposes within our webshop Zerus & Ona. We recommend that you read it carefully.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of personal data, please feel free to contact us. You can find our contact details below.
Why we process your personal data
Handling your order
When you order something in our webshop, we will use your personal data to handle your order. We may share your data with the delivery service to have your order delivered. We may also obtain information on your payment from your bank or credit card company.
For the performance of the agreement we have with you, we use your (company) name, address details, invoice address, email address and payment details. We store this information until your order has been completed and for 2 more years. Certain types of personal data will be retained longer, as they are subject to a statutory tax retention period.
We have a newsletter to inform those who are interested in news, tips and information about our products and services. Your email address is added to the list of subscribers, only with your prior consent.
For this purpose, we use your email address and name. We store this information until you cancel your subscription.
You may cancel your subscription to our newsletter at any time. Each newsletter contains a link to unsubscribe from our newsletter.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or remarks. Whenever you send us an e-mail or if you contact us via a different medium, you accept our offer to contact us (agreement. To this end, we use your name, email address and any information you provide us with in your message. We store this information until we are sure that you are satisfied with our response.
Providing data to third parties
Except for the parties necessary to deliver the above-mentioned services, we do not under any circumstance provide your personal data to other companies or organizations, unless we are allowed to do so by law. This means that we have a legal basis to do so or if the third party is our supplier. To this end, we may share your personal data with:
- Delivery services
- Payment providers
- IT and security service providers
- Cookie providers
- Authorities (for example tax authorities, or the police in case of a suspected rime)
We have concluded appropriate contractual agreements with these parties to ensure that your personal data is handled in a secure way.
Social media buttons
Our website includes buttons to promote and share webpages on social networks: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. These buttons work through bits of code that are derived from these networks themselves. Read the privacy statements of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube (which are subject to change) to see how they use your (personal) data. The information that these networks collect is transferred to the United Stated and stored on servers in the USA. These companies are all Privacy Shield certified. Visit the Privacy Shield website for more information on the EU-US Privacy Shield Program and to view the certification of the social networks.
- Technical and functional cookies: to enable the functionality of our website. These cookies ensure the functioning of specific features of our website and allow your user preferences to be remembered. For example, to render font types within the website.
- Analytics cookies: to generate overall statistics and gain insight in the use of our website by visitors in order to optimize our website and services.
- Social media/advertising cookies: to make the internet more interesting for you by displaying advertisements that fit your interest. By using these cookies, a unique cookie ID is given to you as a website visitor. We only use these cookies with your consent.
Please see this table for more information on the specific cookies that are used on our website.
Google LLC, USA
This cookie is used to gain insight in the use of our website by website visitors. This enables us to improve our website and the user’s experience. The Google cookies are being used in a privacy friendly way, this means that we:
Two years + session
Google LLC, USA
Google DoubleClick cookies are used to record the actions of the website visitor after viewing/clicking on advertisements. The purpose is to measure effectiveness and show personalized advertisements.
Google LLC, USA
YouTube cookies allow you to view YouTube videos on our website and to connect with YouTube.
Two years + session
Cookie expiration date and deletion
Most cookies have an expiration date. This means that they automatically expire after a certain period of time and no longer register data concerning your visit of the website. You can also remove cookies manually before the expiration date. In order to do this, consult your browser Help.
We take appropriate security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. We take responsibility in the security of your personal data. We renew our security measures to ensure safe storage of personal data and keep track what might go wrong.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you consult this statement on a regular basis, so that you remain informed of any changes.
You can always contact us if you have any questions regarding our privacy and cookie statement. Additionally, you may contact us if you wish to exercise one of your rights.
You have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to see what kind of personal data we process.
- Right of rectification: you have the right to rectify any personal data we process, if this information is (partially) wrong.
- Right to complain: you have the right to file a complaint against our processing of your personal data, or against direct marketing.
- Right to be forgotten: you can file a request with us to remove any personal data we have process.
- Right to data portability: if technically possible, you have the right to ask us to transfer your processed personal data to a third party.
- Right to restriction of processing: you may request us to (temporarily) restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to revoke your consent, whenever we process your personal data with your consent.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, we might ask to identify yourself to confirm it is your personal data.
We will usually comply with your request within 30 days. This term can be extended if the request is proven to be complex or tied to a specific right. You will be notified about a possible extension of this term within the first month.
If you want to file a complaint about our use of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will look into and respond to any complaint we receive.
If you think that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to file a complaint at the authority. For The Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
Zerus & Ona, a trade name of Binary World Productions
Chamber of Commerce number: 74058886